Hi there! I’m Elizabeth Johnson, artist and author for the glory of God, and the creative force behind Easel+Pen. I live with my husband in the beautiful wilderness of southwest Wyoming, where we spend our days serving in church ministry and introverting together.
I’ve been writing ever since I can remember, but I didn’t find my artistic ability until my thirties. In 2016, I started hand lettering as a way to meditate on God’s truth and share the way I think with the world. In 2019, I discovered the joy of expressing more complicated perspectives and reflections of God’s creation with various acrylic mediums. Now I combine the mediums to visually express God’s truth in fresh, unique ways.
Lettering and painting has provided a wonderful way to “let the word of Christ dwell in me richly,” and that’s my desire for you as well. I want my art to encourage you to know God better and reflect His creativity in your own life. One way I do this is through my monthly #LetterforHisGlory challenge on Instagram. I’d love to have you join me!
In 2020, Easel+Pen was born as a way to further pursue that goal for God’s glory, by encouraging others to know God better and reflect His creativity. This is accomplished by holding to the following core values:
- Excellence: I believe that everything must be done for the glory of God alone. Therefore, I conduct business with integrity, diligence, and consistency for the sake of honoring Him.
- Truth: I believe God’s Word is our supreme authority for life and practice. I exalt its truth in my work, stand firm upon its principles, and seek to encourage proper understanding of its contents.
- Encouragement: I believe my purpose is to encourage others with the truth. I generously share words and works that will uplift your soul, renew your mind, and bring a smile to your heart.
- Creativity: I believe everyone is made in the Creator’s image and possesses a measure of His creativity. I seek to nurture and develop that creative skill and ingenuity in both myself and others.
- Delight: I believe you should be thrilled with every aspect of your dealings with my business, from first contact to final product. I strive to be personable, competent, and generous with my time and energy: I do business with a smile!
Easel+Pen is the creator of #LetterforHisGlory.
For inquiries, contact Elizabeth here.